Chiro massage is a new style of massage technique proposed by the Spanish physician Enrique Castells Garcia. His unique technique involves simultaneous effect on the lymphatic, circulatory and nervous systems of the body, muscles and joints. The Spanish technique has absorbed all the best from European and oriental schools of massage therapy, gaining popularity due to a rich variety of techniques. The ritual has a peculiarity, namely the master works not only with his/her palms, but also with the back of the hands, sometimes with the forearms, while the effect is targeted at the inner muscle layers, ensuring deep relaxation without warming up the skin.
The most important functions of the Spanish massage include:
- Somatic – achieving spiritual harmony, eliminating stress and tension.
- Neurosedative – work with energy centers in the body to heal and promote endorphin generation.
- Lymphatic drainage – removing toxins and wastes from the body, removing edema and maintaining skin elasticity.
- Metabolic – improving the body’s metabolism.
- Lymphatic – drainage of the circulatory and lymphatic systems, prevention of varicose veins.
- Myotensive – work with joints.
Indications for the treatment:
- to reduce swelling
- to relieve stress
- impaired immunity
- malnutrition of cells and tissues
- to decrease blood pressure
Contraindications to the treatment:
- general contraindications
- poor skin oil tolerance
- skin rashes, peeling of the skin at the sites of exposure